THE JUPITER TAKEOVERS INFORMATION: APPLICATION DATES TO BE ANNOUNCED SOON FOR 2023. PLEASE WAIT TO APPLY UNTIL THEN.
- Jupiter gallery is on 3 Chywoone Hill, Newlyn, Penzance TR18 5HQ
- The space consists of the bottom floor (dimensions tbc in the next few days) with toilet and kitchen and sink access on the First Floor.
- Takeover weeks run Sunday to Sunday. Check in is at 2pm and check out 12pm.
- The space can be visited prior to your takeover with any changes you would like to make for temporary structures, hanging, decoration evening events agreed in advance
If you are having events/ openings/ music/ selling alcohol then you will have to apply to the council for a TENS license. It is a super easy process. You will need to give Jupiter a copy of this before your takeover for liability reasons. For more information: https://www.gov.uk/temporary-events-notice
- Any evening events must to finish at 10PM to respect our residential neighbours
- You will need to take out public liability insurance for the takeover period. Please give Jupiter a copy of this before your takeover.
Jupiter is a test space to use how you would like, however some people do seek guidance on the best way to craft their work and ideas and for that we offer:
- Developing your takeover idea
1-2 development sessions via Zoom, where ideas/ aims/ visions are discussed. Our experience with the space and as artists will help you make the most of your time in the space during your takeover.
- Reflecting on the takeover
A mentoring session via Zoom to reflect on your experience of the takeover, the work generated, and your next steps as creative.
- The cost of the space is £380 for a week which includes bills and £30 towards heating (this should cover a week, however with the current energy crisis we cannot fix this price).
- A payment of 50% is required on booking with the final payment paid one week before your takeover. We do not hold spaces without a deposit or final payment.
- A deposit of £100 is required which is refunded provided the space is left clean and clear and there is no damage. The space will be checked over by one of the team on the Sunday before you come in and when you leave. We make every effort to return deposits within one week provided any issues have been resolved.
- Support sessions are charged at £50p/h and generally last 1-2hrs. The time will be agreed in advance
Apply to Exhibit at Jupiter